www.gibbousgame.com

The Official Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure Forums
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:02 pm

  • All times are UTC




    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
    Author Message
     Post subject: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:47 am 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 am
    Posts: 121
    Custom title: Old One
    Hey everyone!

    Here's a thread that I *hopefully* will have time and remember to update more often, a thread where I tell you guys what's been going on with the game and the studio on a more often basis than the Kickstarter updates.

    The thing with the KS updates is that every time we post one, an e-mail gets delivered about it to almost 2000 people, sooooo doing one every week is overkill and it can start to get spammy. Ideally we'd set up a blog or something where we can post more often and folks that are interested can follow it, but we're so in over our heads with work that that would just take an unjustifiable amount of time to set up, link to the website, modify the design, aaarrrrgh! :D Sure, we could do it via tumblr etc but we'd rather just have it all in one place. And that's an effort we probably will make some time down the line, but for now, we'll just use this thread for short-form, casual news about the game and us in general.

    2016 has passed, and it's a little weird for us. We totally understand and empathize with people saying that it was an awful year - and it was, absolutely - but, at the same time, it was the best year of our lives, professionally. Gibbous, both the game and the Kickstarter, are by far the things we're the proudest of, so here's to hoping 2017 will be even better! For everyone, not just us. And it will be!

    We all took a week off in December to wind down and try to relax and prepare for a year that's going to be super stressful, and we initially wanted to completely forget work, but... Well, we ended up taking a little work at home, too. So Nicu took his computer home and we hauled our heavy Cintiqs and, well, to be honest, although I did too... I just couldn't work as much as they did. My brain and body just went into full vacation mode, and I finally had some time to catch up with some amazing games, like Abzu and Dishonored 2.

    We came back to work on the 3rd of January, and the central heating had been switched off by a mysterious person over the holidays, so our coworkers coming in at 8am walked into a nice 2 degrees celsius workplace. We spent that particular day in our winter coats, and the temperature eventually rose to 17 degrees celsius by the time we left. Yay!

    Nicu got really, really sick on Tuesday, so we were programer-less for most of the week. I spent the work week working on background art, and Cami cleaned up some sweet cutscene animations.

    Now Nicu's back and we're implementing more and more backgrounds we've painstakingly created into the game, and in parallel he's still messing with shadows and real time lighting.

    We're still on the fence about doing a team stream tomorrow, since we felt like we've shown a lot of what we've been doing lately. We'll see! Either way, I'll probably do at least an art stream on twitch this week. Don't forget, https://www.twitch.tv/liviuboar !

    Alrightey, that was it! I hope I remember (and I have the time) to make this a weekly thing :)


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:15 am 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 am
    Posts: 121
    Custom title: Old One
    Hey guys, day one of week report coming in. Just realized writing these on Mondays is strange because, well, I'm old and it's getting harder and harder to remember what we all did last week. Welp!

    Nicu implemented some animation and dialogue for a very important scene in the game I had worked on a while ago and we're really really happy with how they turned out. Yeah! Felt good to finally see it all come together, and we're finally moving into the phase where we implement the many, many backgrounds and animations we've been working on for the past half a year.

    Cami's in the trenches cleaning up Don animations, I'm back to background work. I know I've said this hundreds of times, but there really is a *lot* of background art to be done, I've just got to - what's that word? Dig in? Hm, no - I'll remember later - any way, just gotta sit down and paint for hours on end.

    Did an art stream last Friday on twitch and it was embarassing, because I... I forgot to check if the mic was working, so people were asking questions and I was talking but nothing came through to them. Whoops! Gotta remember to check that everything works first, heh.

    Hopefully there will finally be a 1 hour team stream tomorrow night. I'm waiting on Nicu to be back from lunchbreak to confirm this - if we do it, we'll just shoot the shit with you guys and talk about what's been up, as usual.

    Alright, that was it for monday, maybe we'll see you tomorrow on stream!

    Also, hmm, maybe we really SHOULD add a blog feature to the site where I do these weekly things, hmmm... We'll see :mrgreen:


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:47 am 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 am
    Posts: 121
    Custom title: Old One
    Oh my, 3rd week in a row that I'm doing these updates! These have GOT to convert into a blog soon.

    Which they are. The redesign of the website is already done, it's been sent to the html people which will do their voodoo on it, but... the 24th is a national holiday here, and that's tomorrow (Tuesday), so everyone has taken a whopping 5 day week-end and they'll only be back Wednesday. Can't blame them, really. So, hopefully, new website and blog next week!

    Other than that, it's really quiet here because of the holiday - me and Cami came in at 10 AM and the place was deserted. Which is nice, too, because we'll be working in silence for a change, aaand I might just do an art stream because me talking out loud won't bother anyone! And I won't feel so self-conscious, either.

    This beginning of the week I'm still on backgrounds duty, while Cami is animating secondary characers.

    I'm thinking of doing a different stream Wednesday - doing some character design for a change! We'll see.

    Hope all's fine with you all.

    Liviu


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:25 am 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 am
    Posts: 121
    Custom title: Old One
    Hey guys! Real quick update today - I'm moving to a new computer finally (yaaay!) and it's gonna be a pain in the butt to relocate all licenses and e-mails and get everything working again (booo!).

    So, that's that - hopefully development will increase speed in accordance with the new CPU, GPU and RAM :mrgreen:

    Team stream tomorrow night at 5 PM CET, see y'allz then!

    https://www.twitch.tv/liviuboar


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:58 pm 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:29 am
    Posts: 102
    Location: Hamburg, Germany
    Custom title: GOGetter and SIA Fan
    Liviu Stuck In Attic wrote:
    Hey guys! Real quick update today - I'm moving to a new computer finally (yaaay!) and it's gonna be a pain in the butt to relocate all licenses and e-mails and get everything working again (booo!).

    So, that's that - hopefully development will increase speed in accordance with the new CPU, GPU and RAM :mrgreen:

    Team stream tomorrow night at 5 PM CET, see y'allz then!


    https://www.twitch.tv/liviuboar


    Glad that I saw that. I have an alarm set for the "Ye important announcements" thread but not for this one. God bless my curiosity ;) Maybe you should add this "important announcement update" in the other thread as well? Looking forward to your stream - hopefully with less freeze frame and less ding-a-ding sounds than the last time ;)

    _________________
    Help bring Gibbous to GOG.com and vote here:
    https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/gibb ... _adventure


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:14 pm 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:29 am
    Posts: 117
    Location: Davidian Bunker
    Custom title: Master of Puns
    marko_hundertmark wrote:
    Glad that I saw that. I have an alarm set for the "Ye important announcements" thread but not for this one. God bless my curiosity ;) Maybe you should add this "important announcement update" in the other thread as well? Looking forward to your stream - hopefully with less freeze frame and less ding-a-ding sounds than the last time ;)


    Don't you know? In MMOs the Ding sound means you leveled up. Cami just powerleveled herself to a Grand Master Artist. She's that good. :P

    _________________
    Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/777 ... -adventure
    Vote for Gibbous on GOG: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/gibbo ... _adventure
    Gibbous blog now live!: http://gibbousgame.com/blog/


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:51 pm 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 am
    Posts: 121
    Custom title: Old One
    marko_hundertmark wrote:
    Liviu Stuck In Attic wrote:
    Hey guys! Real quick update today - I'm moving to a new computer finally (yaaay!) and it's gonna be a pain in the butt to relocate all licenses and e-mails and get everything working again (booo!).

    So, that's that - hopefully development will increase speed in accordance with the new CPU, GPU and RAM :mrgreen:

    Team stream tomorrow night at 5 PM CET, see y'allz then!


    https://www.twitch.tv/liviuboar


    Glad that I saw that. I have an alarm set for the "Ye important announcements" thread but not for this one. God bless my curiosity ;) Maybe you should add this "important announcement update" in the other thread as well? Looking forward to your stream - hopefully with less freeze frame and less ding-a-ding sounds than the last time ;)


    Oh man, you're absolutely right :mrgreen: I'm invoking my lame ass defense of being 24 hours without drawing and just reinstalling software and copying files, as in temporary insanity (or stupidity, rather) :mrgreen: Anyway, it's gonna be on the blog from now on!


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:35 am 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 am
    Posts: 121
    Custom title: Old One
    Cool, we have a blog now! Will officially announce it in the next update, but as of now this thread be obsolete, as all weekly updates will go on the blog.

    Ch-check it out!

    http://gibbousgame.com/blog/


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:59 pm 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:29 am
    Posts: 102
    Location: Hamburg, Germany
    Custom title: GOGetter and SIA Fan
    Yay! Finally we have our own bog ....

    _________________
    Help bring Gibbous to GOG.com and vote here:
    https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/gibb ... _adventure


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:12 am 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:29 am
    Posts: 117
    Location: Davidian Bunker
    Custom title: Master of Puns
    http://gibbousgame.com/bog/

    Page does not exist. Missed opportunity! :lol:

    _________________
    Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/777 ... -adventure
    Vote for Gibbous on GOG: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/gibbo ... _adventure
    Gibbous blog now live!: http://gibbousgame.com/blog/


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:46 am 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:29 am
    Posts: 14
    Location: Hellsinki / Funland
    Custom title: Lurker in the dark
    Liviu Stuck In Attic wrote:
    Cool, we have a blog now! Will officially announce it in the next update, but as of now this thread be obsolete, as all weekly updates will go on the blog.

    Ch-check it out!

    http://gibbousgame.com/blog/


    Yay, blog! What get very handy now is adding the feed to a RSS reader, which fits much better my “news reading” habit. I won't forget about y'all for months to then jump into the forum and start reading and replying for hours 8-)

    Thanks for putting up a blog!

    (I know, I know: forums sometimes have RSS feeds, too. But I find them a bit too verbose to add to a feed reader.)


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:02 am 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 am
    Posts: 121
    Custom title: Old One
    adrian_perez wrote:
    Yay, blog! What get very handy now is adding the feed to a RSS reader, which fits much better my “news reading” habit. I won't forget about y'all for months to then jump into the forum and start reading and replying for hours 8-)

    Thanks for putting up a blog!


    Yes, good idea! We actually already mentioned the RSS feed to the web developer so I think it's in the works, but I'll remind him nonetheless :)

    mykll_valiant wrote:
    http://gibbousgame.com/bog/

    Page does not exist. Missed opportunity! :lol:


    :lol: How could I miss thaaaaat?!!!


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:10 pm 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 am
    Posts: 121
    Custom title: Old One
    adrian_perez wrote:
    Liviu Stuck In Attic wrote:
    Cool, we have a blog now! Will officially announce it in the next update, but as of now this thread be obsolete, as all weekly updates will go on the blog.

    Ch-check it out!

    http://gibbousgame.com/blog/


    Yay, blog! What get very handy now is adding the feed to a RSS reader, which fits much better my “news reading” habit. I won't forget about y'all for months to then jump into the forum and start reading and replying for hours 8-)

    Thanks for putting up a blog!

    (I know, I know: forums sometimes have RSS feeds, too. But I find them a bit too verbose to add to a feed reader.)


    RSS added.

    Also, New and hefty Kickstarter update! :mrgreen:


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:40 pm 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:29 am
    Posts: 102
    Location: Hamburg, Germany
    Custom title: GOGetter and SIA Fan
    I just noticed that there was a twitching hour I (again) missed on 02/14. Maybe I am blind but could it be that there wasn't an announcement this time neither here nor in the "Ye important announcements thread"? If in fact there was such an announcement (meaning I am becoming blind or just plain stupid) please tell me where it was so I can punish myself for it.

    _________________
    Help bring Gibbous to GOG.com and vote here:
    https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/gibb ... _adventure


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:06 pm 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 am
    Posts: 121
    Custom title: Old One
    marko_hundertmark wrote:
    I just noticed that there was a twitching hour I (again) missed on 02/14. Maybe I am blind but could it be that there wasn't an announcement this time neither here nor in the "Ye important announcements thread"? If in fact there was such an announcement (meaning I am becoming blind or just plain stupid) please tell me where it was so I can punish myself for it.


    Whoops, sorry, that's on me. I blame it on being the blog's early incarnation and me fighting on too many fronts to stay focused. There's a Twitching Hour next week but I'll be sure to announce it Monday on the blog again. Apologies :mrgreen:


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:42 pm 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:29 am
    Posts: 102
    Location: Hamburg, Germany
    Custom title: GOGetter and SIA Fan
    Liviu Stuck In Attic wrote:
    marko_hundertmark wrote:
    I just noticed that there was a twitching hour I (again) missed on 02/14. Maybe I am blind but could it be that there wasn't an announcement this time neither here nor in the "Ye important announcements thread"? If in fact there was such an announcement (meaning I am becoming blind or just plain stupid) please tell me where it was so I can punish myself for it.


    Whoops, sorry, that's on me. I blame it on being the blog's early incarnation and me fighting on too many fronts to stay focused. There's a Twitching Hour next week but I'll be sure to announce it Monday on the blog again. Apologies :mrgreen:


    Hey, that is all right. At least now I can put my whip back into the closet - it is not needed after all :)
    BTW: Please announce it at least in the "Ye important announcement thread" since it is an "important announcement" and it is the thread I am following. Don't know if I am also able to follow the bog ... ähm ... blog.

    _________________
    Help bring Gibbous to GOG.com and vote here:
    https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/gibb ... _adventure


    Top
       
     Post subject: Re: The Updates thread!
    PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:10 pm 
    Offline
    User avatar

    Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 11:58 am
    Posts: 121
    Custom title: Old One
    marko_hundertmark wrote:
    Liviu Stuck In Attic wrote:
    marko_hundertmark wrote:
    I just noticed that there was a twitching hour I (again) missed on 02/14. Maybe I am blind but could it be that there wasn't an announcement this time neither here nor in the "Ye important announcements thread"? If in fact there was such an announcement (meaning I am becoming blind or just plain stupid) please tell me where it was so I can punish myself for it.


    Whoops, sorry, that's on me. I blame it on being the blog's early incarnation and me fighting on too many fronts to stay focused. There's a Twitching Hour next week but I'll be sure to announce it Monday on the blog again. Apologies :mrgreen:


    Hey, that is all right. At least now I can put my whip back into the closet - it is not needed after all :)
    BTW: Please announce it at least in the "Ye important announcement thread" since it is an "important announcement" and it is the thread I am following. Don't know if I am also able to follow the bog ... ähm ... blog.


    Haha goooddamnit, I always mix up those two threads... and I created them!


    Top
       
    Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
    Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

  • All times are UTC


    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot post attachments in this forum

    Search for:
    Jump to:  
    cron
    Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
    Theme Created by HOLLYSMOKE
    Theme updated to phpBB 3.1.6 by KamijouTouma
    Theme Version is 3.1.6-ss2